This is a cool and refreshing delicacy originating from the Sicily region in Italy. In simple words, it can be described as an Italian slush and is very similar to a sorbet. It’s easy to make and delicious to eat, especially during summers. Here’s a step by step recipe by Chef Mohit Chotrani.
What you need:
Juice of 3-4 lemons
Castor Sugar – 100 gms
Water – Approx 550ml to 580 ml
What to do:
- In a sauce pan, take the sugar and half the water and simmer till the sugar has melted.
- Do not keep stirring, as it may lead to crystallization of the sugar.
- Once the sugar has melted, take it off the flame, add in lemon juice and the remaining water and mix well.
- Put it in a tray and keep it in the freezer to set for sometime.
- Once the mixture has almost set, take a fork and start scraping it to form ice crystals.
- Repeat the process two to three times.
- Lastly, scoop out the mixture and serve chilled in a martini glass.
Make your own twist:
- Lemon juice can be substituted with other fruit juices.
- Alcohol can be added to the mixture while simmering the sugar and water.
- Sweetness can be adjusted accordingly.
You can also explore some cool summer drinks from our daily new menus at Holachef.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!