Tomatoes are rich in important antioxidants such as Vitamins C and A. They can also decrease LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. Basil is loaded with phytonutrients and essential oils, which protect the body from free radicals, while beans stay in your digestive system longer and add to the feeling of fullness, aiding weight management. Club them together and you have a recipe for good health and weight loss.
- 5-6 big red tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup red beans (rajma)
- Boil the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- When cool, peel off their skin.
- Blend the tomatoes in a mixer.
- Put butter in a pan and add the blended tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, boiled beans, salt and pepper.
- Add water if needed.
- Bring to a boil and serve.
*Image and recipe courtesy: Chef Aditi, Holachef