As the scorching sun takes over our sanity in this hot Indian summer, try this cool cucumber mojito to bring the soaring temperatures down in an instant. Cucumber is a blessing during warm weather as it keeps the body hydrated and gets rid of the toxins. It is also a rich source of calcium, potassium, folate and Vitamin A, B, C and D. Need we convince you more on why cucumber is the way to go on a sultry afternoon?
Here’s a quick recipe for Cucumber Mojito by Chef Mohit Chotrani at Holachef:
What you need:
English Cucumber – 1 pc
Mint leaves – a handful
Sugar syrup – 15 ml
Lemon juice – 15 ml
Lemon wedges – a few
Sparkling water/ soda – 250 ml
Ice – as required.
What to do:
- Take the cucumber, cut roundels of it and keep aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, put lemon juice, sugar syrup, lemon wedges.
- Take the mint leaves, strain them in water and put inside the cocktail shaker.
- Now add some of the cucumber roundels and put in the shaker and using a muddler, squish the mixture to extract the juice of cucumber, mint and lemon wedges.
- Add in ice and give it a shake.
- In a chilled tall glass, strain the mixture. Now put some more roundels, lemon wedges and mint leaves.
- Top it up with sparkling water or soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
What are you waiting for? Summer’s not around for too long. Indulge in some cucumber goodness right away!